Your Body Type
"Prakriti is Pitta"
Agni or fire is the symbol of Pitta. The pivotal function of Pitta is transformation.It regulates the body’s metabolic processes, digestion, and energy release.. This component of tri energy governs the transformation of body and mind. To distinguish between good and evil and to imagine how our senses experience the world is helpful. Persons with Pitta traits are typically fiery and aggressive. They manifest a sense of anger in the mind and body as well.
Characteristics of Pitta
The following are some of Pitta's crucial attributes and traits:
Emotional Attributes of Individuals with Pitta Characteristics
The individuals, who have the Pitta characteristics, show the following emotional attributes:
- Strong intellect
- The strong power of concentration
- Leader and good decision-making skills
- Direct and outspoken
- Teaching capabilities
Physical Attributes of Individuals with Pitta Characteristics
Pitta-type people have certain distinctive physical traits.
- Medium weight and size
- Bright hair. However, thinning or hair or hair loss is quite common
- Excellent power of digestion
- High body temperature
- Sound sleep for short interval of time
- Strong desire for sex and physical intercourse
- Lustrous complexion
- Wonderful energy
- Strong appetite
Crucial Qualities Seen in Those Who Have Pitta Qualities and When Someone Is Out of Balance. When out of balance, a person with a pitta personality may exhibit the following traits:
- Skin rashes and complications
- Peptic ulcers
- Burning sensation
- Too much body heat
- Short tempered
Following the Suggested Food Will Calm Pitta
- Consume a lot of dairy products, which include ghee, milk and butter. Ghee is highly recommended for individuals with Pitta characteristics. Individuals with pitta attributes must not consume yoghurt, cheese, or sour cream.
- Oils like sunflower, coconut, and olive oils are the best ones for pacifying Pitta. For those with Pitta features, consumption of almonds, maize and sesame oil must be completely avoided.
- Consumption of sweeteners is recommended except that of honey and molasses.
- Some best grains to be consumed are barley, oats, rice and wheat. The consumption of rye, corn, millet, brown rice, and other grains should typically be avoided.
- Reduction in the intake of sour fruits like apricots, berries and grapefruits and an increase in the intake of sweeter fruits like melons, cherries, avocadoes, coconuts, mangoes, melons, grapes, plums ripe pineapples is recommended.
- Asparagus, potatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes and green leafy vegetables are generally suggested. Also, lettuce, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, okra, celery, green beans and lettuce are some of the vegetables, which are recommended for individuals with pitta characteristics. Also, the person is not allowed to eat any spicy peppers, tomatoes, beets, carrots, onion, radish, garlic, spinach, or eggplant. Non-vegetarians are required to eat chicken, pheasant, and turkey. Nevertheless, the consumption of seafood, beef and eggs must be completely minimized.
- Coriander, cardamom, cilantro, fennel and saffron are some of the spices, which impart cooling and soothing nature to the people. These must be consumed. Stronger seasonings, such as cumin, ginger, black pepper, clove, fenugreek, salt, cloves, mustard, cayenne, and chilli peppers, must be avoided at all costs since they amplify the spicy flavour.
Pitta dosha heats the body and mind. So, consume cool liquids and foods. Foods, which are bitter, astringent and sweet are the best, while foods, which are salty, pungent, and sour must be completely avoided.
Tips to Balance Pitta
Some of them are given below:
Wonderful methods to balance Pitta in people are available with only a minor change in lifestyle:
- Choose the ones, which provide soothing, sweet, stabilizing and cooling impact to the individuals.
- Take an adequate amount of rest.
- Also, practice some physical activities as well.
- Do not skip meals. Consume meals that are sweet, astringent, and bitter. Moreover, eat things that make you feel cool. They include sweet fruits, cucumbers, and melons..
- It is recommended to spend some time with nature daily. Visit the woods and river when out for a stroll. Keep fresh plants and flowers. Also, if possible, walk in the moonlight.
- Go for oil massage daily with coconut or olive or any other cooler oils.
- Opt for cool colours, which include green, silver and blue.
- Always keep laughing. It is a great healer.
- Go for aromas, which are sweet and cool. These include rose, sandalwood, mint, jasmine, fennel, chamomile and lavender.